Procedures in the event of snow or adverse weather conditions
In the event of snow or adverse weather overnight or in the early hours of the
• The site manager will arrive at school by 7am to assess the grounds and
update the Headteacher by phone.
• The Headteacher will make a decision by 7.45am as to whether the school
will be closed.
• If the school is going to close, the Headteacher will contact all staff and
parents via Dojo
The Business Manager is then responsible for:
• Informing anyone else that needs to know such as student teachers,
catering staff and volunteers
• Putting details of the snow closure on the school’s website.
• Informing Kirklees Council of the closure so that they can update their
• If the school is going to open despite the weather, the Headteacher will
send a message on Dojo and on the school website to all parents and staff
letting them know.
• If the school is open and the weather becomes worse throughout the day
then the school will update parents through Dojo